The following facilities will be closed on Friday July 1.
For residents in Baddeck Inlet, Nyanza, Middle River, Bucklaw, Little Narrows and Washabuck, garbage collection this week takes place on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 29, 2016.
Happy Canada Day!
The next meeting of Victoria County Municipal Council is scheduled for Monday, July 11, 2016, at 5:00 p.m. in the Court House, Baddeck.
Here is this week's news on Broadband in Rural Communities.
1) Interesting Video on Broadband for Rural Communities - "Social Networking, Washabuck, Victoria County, Cape Breton – NS Rural Broadband"
2) High Speed Internet coming to more Rural Communities – NS Dept. of Business
3) EY Report – Review of Alternatives for Rural High Speed Internet – NS Dept. of Business
For more information on Broadband, visit Victoria County's Broadband website.
Festivals and Events
This weekend highlights from County's festival and events calendar include:
1) Saturday, June 25 - 12th Annual Englishtown Mussel Festival
- Flea Market, BBQ, Bake Sale, South Haven , 10:00 am. - 1:00 pm.
- Pre Canada Day Celebration, North River
- St. John's Anglican Church Annual Lobster Supper at St. St. John's Hall, Ingonish 4 pm.
2) Sunday, June 26 - Ingonish Triathlon
Upcoming Events :
1) Canada Day July 1st - Ross Ferry Marina Park, Bay St. Lawrence, Ingonish, Baddeck
2) July 2 - Cape North Farmers Market - 10am. - 1:00 pm.
- KitchenFest begins - Outdoor Gala Concert featuring Rawlins Cross & others.
3) July 3 - Ross Ferry Farmers Market 1-3 pm.
Destination Cape Breton Association (DCBA), in partnership with the Cape Breton Regional Municipality, the Municipality of the County of Inverness, the Municipality of Victoria County, Richmond County, and the Town of Port Hawkesbury, will offer funding assistance to eligible incorporated, non-profit organizations on Cape Breton Island. Festivals and events are an important contributor to the tourism industry and the event program targets events with the potential to generate new visitation, or to better serve visitors to the Island; increase length of stay and spending, and improve the quality of the visitor experience. The deadline for applications is Monday, June 27 at 4:00 pm.
To download the 2016 Festivals and Events application criteria, please click here: Criteria 2016
To access the 2016 Festivals and Events electronic application form, please click here: Online Application
Finally, for a budget template, please click here: pdf 2016 Budget Form (44 KB)
Please note: Effective April 1, 2016 credit card payments for tax and water accounts will be processed by Paymentus, a third party company.
TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD:
Once you click the PAY NOW button below, you will be directed to Paymentus Corporation, the third party company that will process credit card payments. The page will prompt you to provide your name, email address and phone number. Please make sure to have your tax or water bill account number. Paymentus will add a 1.75% service charge to the payment total.
If you do not have a valid email address or wish to pay through telephone payments, please call the Paymentus toll-free line at 1-855-748-6067.
PAY NOW with a credit card.
Other Payment Options:
Victoria County TAX and WATER bills can also be made in the following ways:
• Cash - please do not send cash through the mail.
• Cheque – made payable to 'Municipality of Victoria'
• Debit card
• On-Line Banking
• At the Tax Office in the Courthouse at 495 Chebucto Street, Baddeck
Thanks to all Victoria County residents for completing the Active Living "Citizens Survey". Over 300 surveys were completed. The results of the survey will be posted on the website in February.