Visitor Loses Cherished Wedding Ring
A visitor to Baddeck was enjoying our waterfront and lost her wedding ring.
It is a gold band and may have been left near one of the picnic benches on the Boardwalk.She is offering a reward for its return. Let's help to make this visitor's stay even better. If you find the ring, please call the Baddeck RCMP at 902-295-2350.
The next meeting of Victoria County Municipal Council is scheduled for Monday, August 15, 2016, at 5:00 p.m. at the Keltic Lodge Resort and Spa, Ingonish.
The Draft Non-Consolidated Financial Statements for the Municipality of the County of Victoria and the Financial Statements for the Victoria County Water Utility for the year ended March 31, 2016, are available for viewing under municipal documents section of the website.
August 1st 2016 Civic Holiday Hours
Collection Changes: For residents in Ross Ferry, Kempt Head, South Side Boularderie, Big Bras d'Or, New Campbellton, Cape Dauphin, New Harris, Englishtown, South Haven, Big Harbour and Port Bevis, your waste collection occur on Wednesday, August 3, 2016.
Baddeck Enviro Depot
Baddeck Transfer Station
New Haven Enviro Depot
Dingwall Transfer Station
Municipal Offices in the Courthouse in Baddeck will be closed Monday August 1; reopening at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday August 2.
A Request for Proposals has been issued to develop a 3 year Victoria County Tourism Strategy (2016-2019).
Proposals need to be submitted by Friday, July 29, 2016 by 4 pm. Below is the RFP document.
Thursday, July 21
1) Big Wave Summer Festival continues
2) Baddeck Gathering Ceilidhs with Melody & Derrick Cameron, 7:30 pm.
3) Lunchtime Ceilidh at Gaelic College, St. Ann's 12:15 pm. - 1:00 pm.
4) Ceilidh at NS Highland Village, Iona, 2:30 pm. - 3:30 pm.
Friday, July 22
1) Lunchtime Ceilidh at Gaelic College, St. Ann's 12:15 pm. - 1:00 pm.
2) Celtic Tea Room Ceilidhs with Kyle & Sheamus MacNeil 7:30 pm.
3) Baddeck Gathering Ceilidhs with Dara MacDonald & Susan MacLean, 7:30 pm.
Saturday, July 23
1) Big Wave Day, at Big Wave Summer Festival, Big Bras d'Or, 10:00 am. - 9:00 pm.
2) Cape North Farmers Market, Cape North 10:00 am. - 1:00 pm.
2) Pub & Square Dance with Evan Bonaparte, Anita MacDonald, Ben Miller, Zakk Cormier & Tyson Chen, 8-11 pm.
3) Ingonish Saturday Night Ceilidhs with Wendy MacIssac & Hilda Chiasson, 8:15 pm.
4) Baddeck Gathering Ceilidhs with Buddy MacDonald & Howie macDonald, 7:30 pm.
5) Boyd MacNeil at Frolic & Folk Pub, Iona, 5-8 pm.
Sunday, July 24
1) Ross Ferry Farmers Market, 1-3 pm.
2) Baddeck Gathering Ceilidhs with Buddy MacDonald and Howie MacDonald, 7:30 pm.
3) Sea Glass Celebration at North Highlands Culture Centre, 12 noon to 5:00 pm.
Please note: Effective April 1, 2016 credit card payments for tax and water accounts will be processed by Paymentus, a third party company.
TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD:
Once you click the PAY NOW button below, you will be directed to Paymentus Corporation, the third party company that will process credit card payments. The page will prompt you to provide your name, email address and phone number. Please make sure to have your tax or water bill account number. Paymentus will add a 1.75% service charge to the payment total.
If you do not have a valid email address or wish to pay through telephone payments, please call the Paymentus toll-free line at 1-855-748-6067.
PAY NOW with a credit card.
Other Payment Options:
Victoria County TAX and WATER bills can also be made in the following ways:
• Cash - please do not send cash through the mail.
• Cheque – made payable to 'Municipality of Victoria'
• Debit card
• On-Line Banking
• At the Tax Office in the Courthouse at 495 Chebucto Street, Baddeck
Thanks to all Victoria County residents for completing the Active Living "Citizens Survey". Over 300 surveys were completed. The results of the survey will be posted on the website in February.