WASTE COLLECTION HELPER
MUNICIPALITY OF THE COUNTY OF VICTORIA
(Based out of Cape North)
Applications will be received by the undersigned up until 12:00 noon on Wednesday, September 28th, 2016, for the position of WASTE COLLECTION HELPER based out of Cape North. This is Term Position until April 28th, 2017.
The successful candidate will be responsible for daily waste collection activities throughout the County. The Waste Collection Helper will also be responsible for the handling and loading waste, recyclables and organics during daily collection activities.
• Knowledge of waste, recyclable and organic collection and disposal procedures
• Knowledge of truck and equipment safety
• Knowledge of equipment cleaning standards and procedures
A job description for this position may be viewed at the Public Works Administrative Office, 445 Old Margaree Road, Baddeck, NS.
Please forward in writing a letter expressing your interest in this position to:
Robert Dauphinee, P. Eng
Director of Public Works
P.O. Box 370
Phone – (902)295-3144
Fax – (902)295-2480
Official Candidates List, Municipal Election, October 2016
District 1: Paul MacNeil (I) Acclaimed
District 2: Bradley MacDonald
District 3: Bruce Morrison (I) Acclaimed
District 4: Merrill MacInnis (I) Acclaimed
District 5: Fraser Patterson (I) Acclaimed
District 6: Larry Dauphinee (I) Acclaimed
District 7: Wayne Budge (I) Acclaimed
District 8: John Buchanan (I)
Schoolboard South: John Berk (I) Acclaimed
Schoolboard North: Ray Briand
Jackie Organ (I)
(I) – denotes incumbent
Municipal Election Quick Reference Numbers & Info:
Election Date: Saturday, October 15, 2016
Advance Voting: By Internet or Phone only, October 6 (beginning at 8am) until October 12 (ending at 7pm)
Election Help Line: 1-844-620-5077
September & October
1) Cape North Farmers Market, Sept. 3, 10, 17, 24, Cape North Firehall 10 am. - 1:00 pm.
2) Baddeck Farmers Market - Sept. 7, 14, 21, 28, 11:00 am. - 2:00 pm.
3) Ross Ferry Farmers Market - Sept. 4,11,18, 25, 1:00 pm. - 3:00 pm.
3) Classics for the Cabot Trail Festival, Sept. 9 & 11 - Colouratura Art Gallery, 45943 Cabot Trail, Indian Brook, NS
4) Hike the Highlands Festival, Sept. 9-18
5) Pioneer Day, Sept. 17, NS Highland Village, Iona
6) Cabot Trail Writers Festival, Sept. 30 -Oct 2, Gaelic College, St. Ann's
7) Celtic Colours International Festival October 7-15th.
Please note: Effective April 1, 2016 credit card payments for tax and water accounts will be processed by Paymentus, a third party company.
TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD:
Once you click the PAY NOW button below, you will be directed to Paymentus Corporation, the third party company that will process credit card payments. The page will prompt you to provide your name, email address and phone number. Please make sure to have your tax or water bill account number. Paymentus will add a 1.75% service charge to the payment total.
If you do not have a valid email address or wish to pay through telephone payments, please call the Paymentus toll-free line at 1-855-748-6067.
PAY NOW with a credit card.
Other Payment Options:
Victoria County TAX and WATER bills can also be made in the following ways:
• Cash - please do not send cash through the mail.
• Cheque – made payable to 'Municipality of Victoria'
• Debit card
• On-Line Banking
• At the Tax Office in the Courthouse at 495 Chebucto Street, Baddeck