Both the Baddeck and New Haven Recycling Depots will be open to receive refundable material three days/week beginning Thursday, June 11th. The hours will be 8:00 am – 12:00 pm and 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm.
Please follow these instructions
The Baddeck Courthouse will reopen by appointment June 8, with a full reopening to the public beginning June 15. Social distancing protocols will be in place.
The next meeting of Victoria County Municipal Council will be held on Monday June 15, 2020, beginning at 5:00 p.m. at the Court House, Baddeck.
The Municipality of the County of Victoria is requesting applications for the positions of spare waste collection and waste transfer drivers.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the collection and delivery of curbside waste, recyclables and organics from pre-assigned and special routes to waste management facilities, the operation and maintenance of municipal collection vehicles as well as the transfer of materials between our facilities and the Guysborough Waste Management Facility.
Term: As needed basis
Hours: (potentially) Monday – Friday (7:00 am – 3:00 pm)
Work Location: Baddeck Waste Management Facility
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid Nova Scotia Class 1 (or better) Driver’s License with air brake certification and clean driver’s abstract
• 3-5 years of related driving experience
A job description for the position may be viewed at: https://www.victoriacounty.com/government/job-opportunities-and-tenders/
Applications open until: 4:00 pm, Wednesday, June 17th, 2020
• Councillors have helped a number of community groups to conduct community clean ups and more are happening in the days to come.
• Members of the provincial Department of Lands & Forestry spoke with council regarding provincial parks in Victoria County, burn safety, wildlife and other issues. They provided council with an update on planned work at Uisge Bhan Falls and Cabot Landing Provincial Park.
• Washroom update: Two municipally funded washrooms are near completion. A washroom will be located at the Gaelic College in St. Ann’s and one located in the Bay St. Lawrence Community Centre. The washroom in Baddeck at the Visitor Information Centre will be open this summer and one is expected to be constructed along the North Shore. An Expression of Interest has been issued for this washroom. For more information see our post at www.victoriacounty.com .• The municipality will raise the Pride flag during a short ceremony on Thursday June 4, 2020 at 1 pm on the Courthouse lawn. All are welcome. This event will be using socially distancing protocols and will be livestreamed on the Municipality of Victoria County Facebook page.
Council minutes are posted on the Victoria County website, the day following the meeting (during the COVID-19 pandemic). Find more council minutes here: https://www.victoriacounty.com/2020-council-minutes.html
The next session is Monday, June 15, 2020 beginning at 5 pm. The session take place in the Council Chambers at 495 Chebucto Street, Baddeck and will be live-streamed on the Municipality of Victoria County NS Facebook page.
The Municipality of the County of Victoria is looking for expressions of interest from community groups and/or businesses along the North Shore & surrounding area to oversee the operation of washroom facilities.
For more information: Expression of Interest Washroom North Shore
Expressions of Interest deadline: 4 pm on Thursday July 16, 2020
Please send a brief outline with expectations and the above information to:
Leanne MacEachen, CAO
495 Chebucto St.,
Baddeck N.S. B0E 1B0
Could your organization use some help to get COVID-19 supplies?
This post-pandemic assistance fund offers support for organizations to purchase items required to maintain proper safety guidelines. Funds can assist with the purchasing of handwashing stations, hand sanitizer, social distancing decals, disposable masks, signage, etc. If an organization is looking to implement programs, funding may be available to help offset any costs, but only if all public health guidelines are being followed.
Fill out an application and send it to our Active Living Coordinator:
Recreation and Active Living Coordinator
PO Box 370 - Baddeck, NS BOE 1BO
As businesses prepare to reopen, here are some guidelines for best practises provided by the NS government:Safe Practise Guidelines for Work Places.
Effective June 5, most businesses required to close under the public health order can reopen. Businesses must follow protocols in the plan that is tailored to their sector. This includes following public health protocols to ensure physical distancing, increased cleaning and other protective measures for staff and customers.
The following can open if they are ready and choose to do so:
Other health providers can also reopen on June 5, provided they follow protocols in their colleges’ and associations’ plans, as approved by public health. These include:
Nova Scotians are encouraged to continue to: