The Smoke Free Nova Scotia is offering grants to service groups and non-profits to help with outdoor signage.
Outdoor Spaces Grant Fund is intended to:
• Support communities which have already established smoke free outdoor spaces by assisting with the cost of signage.
• Promote awareness and education in communities around smoke free outdoor spaces.
• Assist Towns/Municipalities in the enforcement of the smoke free outdoor spaces policy or by-law.
• Foster partnerships between communities and Smoke Free Nova Scotia.
• Reduce second hand tobacco and cannabis smoke exposure in communities.
The Municipality of Victoria County has a non-smoking by-law.
If interested in more information, find the application here. Applications are due to Smoke Free NS by November 2, 2018.